Hospital Supplier Diversity Reporting Program
- Submit Hospital Supplier Diversity Reports
- Find Hospital Supplier Diversity Reports
- Additional Resources
- Upcoming Activities
- Hospital Supplier Diversity Commission (HSDC)
Health and Safety Code Section 1339.85-1339.87 requires the Department of Health Care Access and Information (HCAI) to develop and administer a Hospital Supplier Diversity Reporting Program to collect and post hospital supplier diversity reports explaining the hospital’s supplier diversity statement and procurement efforts regarding certified minority, women, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender (LGBT), and disabled veteran business enterprises.
Hospitals, with operating expenses over a specified amount, are required to annually submit a report to HCAI on their minority, women, LGBT, and disabled veteran business enterprise procurement efforts. HCAI is required to maintain a link on the HCAI website that provides access to the content of hospital supplier diversity reports to the public. See link under the Find Hospital Supplier Diversity Reports section below.
Submit Hospital Supplier Diversity Reports
HCAI has developed a new report collection system, the Hospital Disclosures and Compliance (HDC) System, which will allow Hospital Supplier Diversity reports to be submitted electronically.
Beginning May 1, 2022, report submitters can create an account and review your report associations, request report associations as needed, in the new HDC System.
The HDC System will begin accepting report submissions on June 1, 2022. The 2021 Hospital Supplier Diversity Report is due July 1, 2022. HCAI will no longer accept emailed and mailed hard copy reports.
You can find your HCAI ID number by clicking on facility finder and searching for your hospital profile. Hospital Supplier Diversity Reporting Templates and the Resource Manual can be found under the Additional Resources section below.
To submit a report, click the link below.
Request an Extension
A hospital may request, a 30-day extension to file the report if needed due to unintended or unforeseen delays. If you need to request a 30-day extension, please submit your request in the Hospital Disclosures and Compliance System. Instructions for submitting an extension request can be found in the Resource Manual.
Health and Safety Code Section 1339.87 authorizes HCAI to impose a civil penalty of one hundred dollars ($100) per day for failure to file a timely report. Penalties imposed may be appealed pursuant to current appeals processes provided by Health and Safety Code Sections 128770 and 128775.
Report submitters should register through the Hospital Disclosures and Compliance System. The instructions for creating an account and associating with a facility can be located in the Resource Manual under the Additional Resources section below.
Find Hospital Supplier Diversity Reports
Hospital Supplier Diversity Reports, starting with reporting year 2020 can be found on the Open Data Portal. The Hospital Supplier Diversity Reporting Program First-Year Data Summary for the reporting period 2021 is also available.
- 2020 Hospital Supplier Diversity Reports
- Hospital Supplier Diversity Reporting Program First-Year Data Summary
- Hospital Supplier Diversity Blank Individual Template
- Hospital Supplier Diversity Blank System/Regional Template
- HDC System and Hospital Supplier Diversity Report Resource Manual
- Hospital Supplier Diversity FAQ’s
- Hospital Contacts for Diverse Suppliers
- Hospital Operating Expenses (The operating expenses are based on submitted Annual Financial Disclosure Reports for hospital fiscal years ended in 2019.)
The January 2022 Fact Sheet includes anticipated program activities through December 2022.
2022 – JANUARY TO MARCH
- Publish draft regulations and take public comment.
- Submit final regulations to Office of Administrative Law.
2022 – APRIL TO JUNE
- Publish additional report guidance for 2nd year hospital reports to HCAI website.
- Deploy online reporting system on May 1, 2022.
- Convene Hospital Supplier Diversity Commission to discuss recommendations on best methods to increase procurement with diverse suppliers within the hospital industry on May 3, 2022.
- Begin collection and review of 2nd year hospital reports on June 1, 2022.
2022 – JULY TO SEPTEMBER
- Regulations become effective on July 1, 2022.
- Finalize collection of 2nd year hospital reports.
- Publish commission recommendations to HCAI website.
2022 – OCTOBER TO DECEMBER
- Convene Hospital Supplier Diversity Commission to review and discuss 2nd year reports.
Hospital Supplier Diversity Commission (HSDC)
As required by Health and Safety Code Section 1339.88, HCAI is responsible for convening a hospital supplier diversity commission comprised of the public and health care, diversity, and procurement stakeholders to advise HCAI and the hospital industry on best methods to increase procurement with diverse suppliers within the hospital industry and to promote and provide outreach to hospitals that are actively engaged in supplier diversity issues.
To learn more about the HSDC click the link below.
For all inquiries related to the Hospital Supplier Diversity Reporting Program, please contact us via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 326-3830. The Hospital Supplier Diversity inbox is supported Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. PST, excluding State of California observed holidays.
Subscribe here to receive program updates.