OSHPD is now HCAI
Welcome to the Department of Health Care Access and Information (HCAI), formerly the Office of Statewide Health Planning and Development (OSHPD). All the information that was available under OSHPD is here as HCAI.
The CMSP Allied Healthcare Loan Repayment Program (AHLRP) increases the number of appropriately trained Allied Healthcare professionals in California and encourages those professionals to provide direct patient care in CMSP-designated counties in California.
“I finally feel as if I am making true progress in paying off the loan amount instead of dropping pennies down a giant well.”Lisa Nicholson, 2013 AHLRP Awardee
Review the AHLRP Grant Guide for program guidance and requirements.
Provider Eligibility Requirements
- Be in good standing with respective licensure, board or certification
- Not have any other existing service obligations with other entities, including other HCAI programs
- Not be in breach of any other health professional service obligation
- Have unpaid educational loans
- Commit to providing a twelve-month service obligation at a CMSP contracted provider location or facility
- Provide 32 hours or more per week of direct patient care
AHLRP participants must be currently practicing in one of the following eligible disciplines:
- Anesthesia Technician
- Anesthesiologist Assistant
- Associate Clinical Social Worker
- Associate Professional Clinical Counselor
- Associate Marriage and Family Therapist
- Cardiovascular Technologist
- Certified AOD Counselor
- Clinical Laboratory Scientist
- Community Health Worker
- Dental Assistant
- Dental Hygienist
- Diagnostic Sonographer/Radiographer (including Mammographer, etc.)
- Electrocardiogram Technician
- Emergency Medical Technician
- Health Educator
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor
- Marriage and Family Therapist
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Interpreter
- Medical Laboratory Scientist
- Medical Radiation Scientist
- Occupational Therapist
- Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Physical Therapist
- Physical Therapy Assistant
- Psychology Assistant
- Radiotherapist/Radiation Therapist/Medical Dosimetrist
- Respiratory Therapist
- Speech Therapist
- Surgical Technologist
Practice Site Eligibility Requirements
Providers must work in a CMSP-designated county and in a CMSP designated facility. The 35 CMSP participating counties include:
- Alpine, Amador, Butte, Calaveras, Colusa, Del Norte, El Dorado, Glenn, Humboldt, Imperial, Inyo, Kings, Lake, Lassen, Madera, Marin, Mariposa, Mendocino, Modoc, Mono, Napa, Nevada, Plumas, San Benito, Shasta, Sierra, Siskiyou, Solano, Sonoma, Sutter, Tehama, Trinity, Tuolumne, Yolo, and Yuba.
View list of CMSP facilities in California that qualify.
QUALIFYING EDUCATIONAL LOANS
- Qualified Lender: Qualifying commercial lending institutions are those subject to examination and supervision by an agency of the United States, or by the state in which the institutions have their place of business.
- Loans (government and commercial) obtained from a qualifying lender for undergraduate and graduate health profession degrees.
- Consolidated and or refinanced educational loans that clearly delineate the original loans and the degrees conferred.
NON-QUALIFYING EDUCATIONAL LOANS
The following types of debt are not eligible for loan repayment under the AHLRP:
- Parent PLUS loans
- Loans in default
- Loans repaid in full
- Credit card debt
- Loans not in the provider’s name
- Personal lines of credit
- Consolidated with mortgage loan
- Consolidated with loans owed by another person
The maximum award amount for the CMSP Allied Healthcare Loan Repayment Program (AHLRP) is $16,000. HCAI may award full, partial, or no funding to an applicant based on the applicant’s success in meeting the selection criteria, and the amount of available funds. Applicants will not be awarded more than their total educational debt left on their loan balance.
Applicants may be awarded up to three (3) times.
Email: AHLRP Support
Phone: (916) 326-3640